Sunday, April 13, 2008

Physical Therapy - Part One

As promised, here is a pictorial of my under water treadmill - Physical Therapy session...

Here, Dad is helping me slip into my safety harness:



Then we had a surprise visitor! It's Chica Bonita!! Chica and I are buddies! You know Chica from here as well! (I once stole an artichoke pie and Chica ate it. We are good team mates like that!)



In the tank I go...



waiting for the water to get to the correct height and the exercise to begin!



And we're off and running! (Ok, just walking...) As you can see, the water is a little high today - to help me since I've been a bit sore lately.



Here you can see I'm doing 1.8 MPH at the 7:55 mark...



Overview perspective...



Hey! There's Chica!



Done! Now, just waiting for the water to drain...oh ho-hum... There's JoAnn in the background making room for me to get out and dry off before the Acupuncture session (A later pictorial).

10 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You weren't scared? You are one brave doggie.. Louie would be like that he isn't afraid of anything.
Keep up the good work.

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Rocky, That's pretty cool, but I think I would just try to swim in that tank. My mom really wishes there was a hydrotherapy place here for dogs. She thinks it would be great for my shoulders. But there is an acupuncturist, so that's cool. It's great that you got to see Chica!

xo
SB

Joe Stains said...

omdog, I would be so scared. You are very brave!!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Rocky!
I really hope the physical therapy is working for you! I don't want you to be in pain.
Sure it was nice to see Chica Bonita!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Pacco de Mongrel said...

i think i will suffer water tank phobia being in there...

Guinness & Shiloh's Family said...

Hey, Rocky! Guinness here. that is waaaay cool. I used to go swimming all of the time with my (now passed away) big brother, General. He had hip problems too, but he loooooved to swim. I was afraid at first, but grew to love it as well. Keep up the good work! It's nice to see you back in blogland too.

BenTheRotti said...

Not sure if that looks like fun or hard work! You are one brave dog for sure! Acupuncture!!! oh my doG.. you are super brave.. the tank.. maybe. Acupuncture!!.. get me out of here!!!

Ben xxxx

The Army of Four said...

Oh, ROCKY! You're so brave! I would be screaming so loud in there! It looks like ... shudder ... it looks like a BATH! YIKES!
You're doing GREAT and we're all so very proud of you!
Love,
Ammy
PS: It was very nice of Chica to come lend you moral support!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Wow, that looks really fun. Do you like it? I like to swim, so I bet it's kind of the same. And you've got your dad there. Must be good times!

Kat

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hi bro - sending great vibes your way for that PT. You are one cool dog and one of my very fave fellows. i so hope you are feeling much better.

Pippa (xxs for mati)